Love to read and interested in joining a book club? Our book discussion group
may be for you! These informal, peer-led discussions are free and open
to the public. You may discuss the current selection or just listen to the
comments of other readers. We meet monthly from September through May
in the Killingly Public Library Community Room (exceptions are noted below).
At each meeting, the following month's book selection will be available for
checkout (a valid CT library card is required.) If you have questions about
obtaining a book, contact Karen Wall at the Library (860-779-5383). If you
are interested in joining the group, or for more information, contact
Linda Picciarelli (860-774-8930) or Pat van der Swaagh (860-774-6504).
- September 13, 2012, 2PM - "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer
- October 11, 2012, 1PM - "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern
- November 8, 2012, 2PM - "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly
- December 6, 2012, 1PM @ member home (call 860-774-8930 for details/directions) -
"Clara and Mr. Tiffany" by Susan Vreeland
- January 10, 2013, 2PM - "The Lost Constitution" by William Martin
- February 14, 2013, 2PM - "The Lost Wife" by Alyson Richman
- March 14, 2013, 2PM - "The Snowball: Warren Buffet and the Business of Life" by Alice Schroeder
- April 11, 2013, 2PM - "Wait 'Til Next Year" by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- May 9, 2013, 2PM - "Tag Man" by Archer Mayor ~ 2013 Quiet Corner Reads!
- May 23, 2013, 1PM - "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed (discussion will be held at a member home (call 860-774-8930 for details)