- When are items due back and where do I return them?
- Fines and Fees
- Overdue Notification and Billing Schedule
- Video Borrowing Policies
- Book Renewal Policy
- Library Cards
- Computer, Internet and Wireless Use Policy
- Unattended Children Policy
- Proctoring Policy
- Donation Policy
Most library books and magazines are due 21 days from the date of checkout.
|Request books/ILL books||2-3 weeks|
|Videos and DVDs||7 days|
Materials can be returned either at the circulation desk or in the book and video drops.
Materials must be returned no later than 9:00 a.m. the day after the due date to avoid fines.
FINES AND FEES
|Library card replacement||$2.00|
|Encyclopedia/request books/ILL books||$.50/day|
*Maximum fine on each overdue item
not to exceed cost of the item.
*Items that are damaged but still usable will be
charged a fee for repair and/or cleaning.
- Our computer system generates notices when library materials are 7 days overdue.
We will attempt to remind patrons by telephone that materials need to be returned.
- When general materials are 21 days overdue, a bill is generated.
These bills are processed and mailed to the patron.
- Effective January 1, 2009, all videos and DVDs circulate for 7 days and are NOT renewable.
Video products can be loaned only to the person to whom the library patron card has been issued.
- Borrowers must be 16 years of age or older. Proof of age may be required. Permission notes are not acceptable.
- 5 video products per household/family may be borrowed at a time.
- No reserves.
- In case of viewing problems with any video tape or DVD, please stop tape immediately (don't rewind!) and notify the library personnel upon return.
- Library users must pay for all lost or damaged video products. Please do not attempt to repair faulty or damaged tapes.
- We cannot interlibrary loan videos.
We prefer that videotapes and DVDs be returned to Killingly Public Library.
Fines and Fees
- There is a $1.00 per day fine for overdue videotapes and DVDs.
Please Note: Killingly Public Library is in no way responsible for patron's personal video equipment.
- Renewals can be made in person, by telephone, or by logging in to your library account. 2 renewals allowed, with some exceptions.
In order to renew by telephone, we need the following information:
- Patron barcode from your library card or your name.
If you are a Killingly resident (includes Attawaugan, Ballouville,
Danielson, Dayville, Rogers, East and South Killingly) you will need to show:
- Photo I.D.
- Proof of current permanent address.
First Time Borrowers:
ADULT Patron, Killingly Resident
Must be 18 years or older.
We require a photo ID and confirmation of your current Killingly address.
Photo ID may include a driver's license, a CT State ID or a picture ID from school or work verfying identity. We also ask for a driver's license number or ID number in order to be able to identify patrons over the phone.
Proof of Residence may include a driver's license, rent receipt, checks imprinted with name & address, or an item that has recently been mailed through the United States Postal Service. The patron's middle name or initial must be included on mailed items.
For a person listing a P.O. Box, we also need a street address & apartment number, etc.for our records.
HANDICAPPED Patron, Killingly Resident
If a person is unable to sign their own name or otherwise fill out the required registration form, this may be done by a person designated as having financial responsibility for the person requesting a library card. The person filling out and signing the form is accepting financial responsibility. Also required, if applicable, is the legally responsible agency name and address. All circulation guidelines, including fines & fees will apply.
YOUNG ADULT Patron, Killingly Resident
Persons age 16 but under age 18 will be issued a YA Library Card account, which will allow borrowing of videos & DVD's, but will still require parental permission for use of the unfiltered internet. Proof of age will be required.
JUVENILE Patrons, Killingly Resident
Any child (up to age 15) who can print his or her first & last name, or who is in the first grade, is eligible for a library card. A PARENT or GUARDIAN must come in with the child to sign the application form giving the child PERMISSION TO BORROW materials from the library, and ACCEPTING FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY for any damage or loss, and for any fines and/or fees incurred by the child.
LIBRARY CARD Renewals, Killingly Resident
Our library cards are generally issued for three (3) years, and renewals are free (replacement cards cost $2). If the person still resides in Killingly a photo ID may be required for renewal. For juvenile renewals a new form needs to be filled out ONLY if custodial care of the minor changes. Address and phone changes may be made at any time.
If you do not reside in Killingly and are 16 or older, you must provide:
Proof of PERMANENT address
CURRENT HOME-TOWN LIBRARY CARD
Children under the age of 16 who do not reside in Killingly must have:
CURRENT HOME-TOWN LIBRARY CARD
Approval of a parent, who MUST BE PRESENT to register the child's card.
Out-of-state patrons are charged a yearly fee.
NO CARDS WILL BE MADE 1/2 HOUR BEFORE CLOSING
at staff's discretion